Present: Fr Kevin Thornton, Nick Neale (chair), Stephen Spooner, Eva Kaltenthaler, Richard Webster, Clare Byrne, Lindsay Reynolds
1. Opening prayer
2. Apologies: Phil, Anne, Stephen P, Jacquie, Anthony and Mike
3 & 4. Minutes July 16th and matters arising
- ICE for the moment Lindsay and Clare will compile a list of key holders and their contact details. Bishop Ralph’s phone details to be available.
- Stephen Parker will arrange a meeting with St Williams in October
- Some of St Williams’ parishioners are attending CAFÉ.
- Clare will prepare the Parish directory for distribution at the parish day on Oct 7th.
- Clare continues to follow up the toys belonging to the now disbanded mums and toddler group.
5. Patronal Feast
One Mass at 10am followed by a social gathering with coffee and cakes. Parish council members will be available to chat to the parishioners. Eva will put a notice in Franciscan to encourage people to make cakes.
6. Hall floor refurbishment.
Father Kevin is waiting for a quote for a new surfacing material. The floor has been sanded twice and will not take it again. The new coating will prolong its life.
7. Bishop’s requirements for Mass timetabling.
A letter is expected from the Bishop asking us to prepare a Mass schedule for use when we are relying on one priest. It seems inevitable that we will go down to one Mass on a Sunday. This however is at the planning stage and awaits consultation with Father Cook. Various issues relating to the changes were discussed.
- At the musicians meeting Richard said they would timetable another Pizza and Praise session and he was asked if Taize evenings could be arranged for Advent
- Discussion about the AV trolley and the equipment. Stephen S will look for a stand suitable for use with the new sound system and will ask other users about their use of the other equipment.
- The ‘Gift’ CAFÉ course is going very well with around 30 participants.
- There was a discussion about Catholic schools and their admission policies. This is an important issue and needs to be taken further. Add to the next agenda.
9. Closing prayer
Next meeting: 14th November at 7pm