This area could be said to encompass everything that the parish does. However, the activities and groups listed here are those where there is a direct and explicit liturgical and/or spiritual link.
- Celebration and Praise
- Children’s Liturgy Group
- Holy Communion for the Sick or Housebound
- Music and Singing
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Altar Servers
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Intercessors for the Parish
- Musicians and Singers
- Bible Group
- Churches Together in Hallam
- Thursday Prayer Group
We hope to encourage and enable “missionary discipleship” to flourish in St Francis’ parish through developing existing parish activities, deepening our understanding of mission and the gospel, and looking for opportunities to stretch out beyond the parish community as “Spirit-filled evangelisers”.
How we do this in a way that is authentic to St Francis’ parish and to the particular gifts and opportunities of the local church in this community is a key task and will require both dialogue and boldness in the parish.
Initial areas and activities on this journey include:
- Active participation in national and diocesan Proclaim 15 initiatives.
- Promoting the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies (CCRS) and supporting parishioners who wish to complete it.
- Exploring The Joy of the Gospel and Pope Francis’s call to Spirit-filled mission in a parish course.
- Being open to a wide range of ideas and suggestions as we explore together what a call to missionary discipleship means for St Francis’ parish.
- Looking for opportunities for evangelisation in existing activities and communications.