Parish Council Minutes
Tuesday 20th September 2016
- Greg Ryan (chair)
- Stephen Spooner
- Eva Kaltenthaler
- Lyndsey Reynolds
- Anne Shepherd
- Julie Hughes (minutes)
- David Hughes
- Ed Whittaker
- Liz Shiel (Foundation Governor of St. Marie's school)
1. Opening Prayer
Greg led the opening prayer, Eva delivered the reading.
2. Approval of last minutes and matters arising
The minutes from the July meeting were approved.
- Health and Safety Toolkit handed over by Stephen Spooner to David Hughes.
- Remaining photographs of Parish Council members to be sent to Dave Stanley for inclusion on notice board.
3. Guest Speaker Frank McDermott (Our Lady of the Assumption, Stainforth)
Frank McDermott provided the meeting with an excellent talk regarding his role as parish co-ordinator responsible for liturgical, spiritual and pastoral care of the people of the parish along with other members of the Parish Community.
The Doncaster parish has 40 Parishioners who are active in the Ministeries of the Parish. Frank emphasised in his presentation that 'each of us is unique and gifted and that not one of us is more important than any other'.
4. Church Security
David Hughes updated council members on the latest advice regarding Church Security provided by the Hallam Diocese.
5. School Admissions
Liz Shiel, a member of St, Marie's school governing body clarified the current situation regarding over-subscription for places at the school. It was suggested that the situation could be addressed by:
- Drafting a response to the question of Parish and School Boundaries
- Clarification of Policy and Procedure
- Member of School Governing Body to be invited to update Parish Council on future developments
6. Parish Day
- The Parish Day is scheduled for 02.10.2016.
- The Justice and Peace Group to present a talk regarding the Refugee crisis.
7. Year of Mercy
There is to be a service to mark the Year of Mercy.
8. Any other Business
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 15.11.2016 at 8pm.
9. Closing Prayer
Greg Ryan led the closing prayer.