National Rosary Rally
On Pentecost Sunday (31st May), there will be a National Rosary Rally from 9am to 9pm. Each Diocese has a designated Rosary Hour where people across the Diocese are invited to pray the Rosary either individually, in families or in online prayer groups. The Rosary Hour for the our Diocese is 3pm. It will be led by Fr Chris, Fr Stephen and Fr Callistus on St Marie’s Cathedral’s live-stream. At 9pm the Rosary Rally will end with a Rosary being led by Bishop John Keenan from St. Mirin’s Cathedral in Paisley.
St Marie’s Cathedral has set up a YouTube Channel with a Children’s Liturgy for younger children and an illustrated Gospel reading for older children for each Sunday.
Mass for the sick & their families, NHS workers and carers.
A Catholic Bishop will celebrate Mass in their Cathedral each week for those who are sick and their families and for our front-line workers in hospitals and care homes. They will be live-streamed every Thursday at 7pm.
- 4th June – Bishop John Arnold, Cathedral of St John the Evangelist, Salford
- 11th June – Bishop Patrick McKinney, St Barnabas Cathedral, Nottingham
- 18th June – Archbishop Bernard Longley, St Chad’s Cathedral, Birmingham
- 25th June – Bishop Alan Hopes, Cathedral of St John the Baptist, Norwich
- 2nd July – Archbishop John Wilson, St George’s Cathedral, Southwark
- 9th July – Bishop Tom Williams, Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, Liverpool
Help with self isolating
The following information may be useful if you are self-isolating and need food or deliveries:
- Local shops and services doing deliveries
- COVID 19 Services Directory for the elderly, vulnerable or isolated
- Foodhall Project
Please contact the parish council by email if you need help and we will rally around the parish.
You can read the latest edition of the Hallam News online.
Donations for the S2 Foodbank can be dropped off on Tuesdays (10am to 2pm) or Wednesdays (8am to 4pm) at St Swithun’s Church, Sheffield S2 1JP. More information can be found on their facebook page. They need the following items:
- UHT milk
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned spaghetti
- Tinned meats and tuna
- Tinned fruit and vegetables
- Tinned rice pudding
- Toilet rolls
- Size 6 nappies
- Baby wipes
Big Issue North
During the current crisis, street sales of Big Issue North have been suspended. Please consider buying it online instead. You can buy a digital copy of each issue for just £2 or you can take out a subscription for three, six or 12 months, with each issue sent directly to your home.