Parish Council Minutes July 10th 2019
Present:- Fr Kevin Thornton – Parish Priest
Nick Neale, Belinda Barber, Clare Byrne, Anne Shepherd
1) The meeting opened with a prayer
2) Apologies:- Lindsay Reynolds, Mike Campbell,Phil Rostrant, Anthony Rossiter
3) Matters arising from AGM:- Belinda and Mike to help with Justice & Peace
4) Autumn CAFÉ course – this will commence In the Autumn on Tuesday evenings after Mass for 6 weeks. Topic “Gifts of the Spirit”.
Lindsay and Clare will be have a planning meeting next week
5) Emergency Plan – In the event of an emergency concerning Fr Kevin It would be necessary to telephone Bishop Ralph and Fr John Cooke.
It Is also necessary to find out exactly who has keys to the premises. Clare will put an appeal In the newsletter to find out.
Clare will also review Parish Directory.
6) Diocesan Directory of Social Action – Each Parish will be asked to produce current lists of people who are responsible for each section. Nick Neale will contact Mike Murphy to proceed with this.
7) Wall and Trees – Diocesan Property Manager – Tom Garrud has visited the Parish and has had a meeting with Fr Kevin to discuss:-
A) the leaking roof In the narthex – experts to be asked to return to help with yet further plans to determine cause of continuous leaks
B) One of the houses at the side of our car park Is having problems with the high trees on our land overlooking his house and blocking light. An Arborist will be contacted to survey what needs to be done. The beech hedge outside the church also needs looking at. Costs will also need to be assessed.
8) Any other business:-
Fr Kevin needs to be contacted to find out how many children will be receiving Confirmation from Bishop Ralph. Numbers needed. Notices are currently being advertised In the Franciscan.
The meeting closed with a prayer at 8.20pm